Celebration Of Sanctity Of Life Sunday
So, what you're thinking is correct. I am going to talk about abortion, but I believe a lot of people have taken the wrong angle of sharing the word on being pro-life.
I'm going to tell you a story. Whether you want to read or not, that's a choice. Not like what people think it's a woman's choice because in all honestly, it may be in her body, but it's not her body she's destroying. That baby has its own DNA and sometimes even a different gender. It is not a part of a woman's body.
Moving on, gotta get to the story.
Okay.
It's 1993.
My mom had just discovered she was pregnant not a few months before when all of the sudden she began to bleed. She knew that it could possibly mean that she was having a miscarriage so my mom went to the doctor. The doctor told her that having a DNC would be the best solution. The doctor was very vague on details about me, only saying that the baby had no heart beat.
My mom knew that if this was a miscarriage, then it would happen naturally. She refused to have the DNC because it was against what she believed in since it was very close to having an abortion.
My mom called my aunt, who is a nurse, for advice. My aunt told my mom to lay on her left side to stop the bleeding. The bleeding did stop and eventually everything went away after my mom prayed hard and long about it.
My mom went back to the doctor later for a check-up to see if the miscarriage had taken its course, but when the doctor placed his stethoscope on her belly, he heard a heart beat. A baby's heart beat.
On February 8th, 1994 at 11:58 P.M., my mom gave birth to Makayla Marie Baker.
That's me.
If my mom had gotten the DNC, I would not be here today.
Sometimes, my mom calls me miracle child.
But sometimes, she calls the incident an opportunity.
I value my life, and it hurts me so deep when people say abortion is okay.
I know my story is only a small minuscule compared to the horror stories I have grown up to about people surviving abortion and becoming important people in the world.
It's only a thought, but it's my story.
No comments:
Post a Comment