When I first read Tuck Everlasting, I realized that this book was one of a kind. Natalie Babbitt knew that people's obsession with everlasting life is insane, and it needed to be fixed. "If there's one thing I've learned about people, it's that many will do anything, anything not to die. And they'll do anything to keep from living their life."- Angus Tuck (Tuck Everlasting the movie). I was so glad when I got to watch the movie because it was exactly the way I pictured it in my mind. Unfortunately, not everyone agrees with me. I was extremely upset to read some of the comments I found on the website that I watched it on.
"i hate how she just like forgot all about him and went and got married and had kids he told her he loved her she diddnt even answer i meen yeah in some ways it would suck to live forever but when you get to spend it with someone you truly love its worth it dont you think. expshally the way the tucks spent eternty i meen wtf jeeze wonderful movie up untill the very end."
Well, I'm here to prove you wrong. You see, this is no Twilight event where boy meets girl, they fall love instantly (another reason why it really makes me mad because Edward and Bella barely knew each other and yet, magic. -.-), and it turns out that the boy's immortal so he turns her into a vampire. Then happily ever after in immortal world. AH! WRONG! When you fall in love, you say the words "Till death do us part." Death is a complete natural part of the world. Without death, the world isn't what it was made to be.
"Time is like a wheel. Turning and turning - never stopping. And the woods are the center; the hub of the wheel. It began the first week of summer, a strange and breathless time when accident, or fate, bring lives together. When people are led to do things, they've never done before."- Narrator (Tuck Everlasting the movie).
Natalie wanted people to realize that being immortal isn't what it's all cracked up to be. Yes, Winnie truly loved Jesse. No one was upset at Rose when she got married and had kids after Jack died (Titanic). Winnie only did what Jesse couldn't do. She grew old for him. She lived for Jesse. She never forgot him. You live your life, and when it's time to go, it's time go.
"“Look around you, it's life. The flowers, and trees, and frogs, it's all part of the wheel. It's always changing. It's always growing. Like you, Winnie, your life is never the same. You were once a child, now you are about to become a woman. One day you'll grow up. You'll do something important. You'll have children maybe, and then one day you'll go out. Just like the flame of a candle. You'll make way for new life as a certainty. It's the natural way of things. And then, there's us. What we Tucks have, you can't call it living. We just are. We're like rocks stuck at the side of the stream...Your life is never the same, you were once child and you’re about to be a woman. I don’t wanna die, is that wrong? No human does, but it’s just part of the wheel, it’s part of being born, you can’t have living, without dying. Don’t be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life.”- Angus Tuck (Tuck Everlasting the movie).

No comments:
Post a Comment