
Housewives And The New Age Of The Female World
I had an......interesting conversation with my friend, Rachel, while we were in Italy about housewives. Rachel was raised in a home where it was just her and her mother so obviously, she feels the need for females to dominate. I, on the other hand, have been raised in a house where my parents equally share everything. And yes, my mother is a housewife, and you know what? I'm not against them. I believe being a housewife in its self is a job, a hard job, too. I don't have a problem with it at all until the man demands it. Then you have some problems, but in any relationship, if you demand anything, you're not going to have very good results. So, I've come to realization that the housewife's duty is a lot different from the 1950's. When you think of housewife anymore, I'm sure you think of the Real Housewives Of Beverley Hills or New York City or whatever. Anyways, these shows make me so hot under the collar. I hate them so much, you have no idea. All they do is provide the rest of the world an image what a "typical" housewife in America does: argue, bicker, and plan parties. Really, they're terrible role models, mother wise and wife wise, and they're just bad news. My mother should be in the reality tv shows to come kick their butts because my mom can do anything. She can cook, clean, mow, grow, make soap, can, play the piano, sing, decorate, and she doesn't even have to break out in too much sweat. A woman has to realize (especially a working woman) that her family comes first. They are to teach their children the good things in life. Career should always be last in both a man's and woman's world because if the wordly things disappear, what do you have left? The man and woman are to be equal in everything, and I believe that's the way it should be. Men should not bow down to their wives nor should the wife bow down to their husbands. The point of marriage is to SHARE a lifetime together. That's all you're really doing. The role of the woman should not be dissed, but embraced. If females keep rising and rising from where we are now, we will no longer have marriages, pregnancies, and men will be quite the lonely creatures and then they'll soon have to fight for their rights. I am a feminist, but I believe men and women need to share their level of power. Human beings are extremely dependent in their nature to begin with, so why try? It just boggles my mind of how this society is so obsessed with "independence" that it makes my stomach do flip flops.
No comments:
Post a Comment