Friday, December 30, 2011

One Day Without Shoes

     
One Day Without Shoes

So, a couple of months ago I received a request to do this "One Day Without Shoes".  When I typed it in, I watched the video and pretty much was not impressed by it.  Then, my sister sent me the link just today telling me she was doing it.  So, this is for you, dear sister, on why I believe "One Day Without Shoes" is completely POINTLESS.

     This "idea" of "One Day Without Shoes" is that everyone not wear shoes to promote awareness among people about the millions of people who get diseases from not wearing shoes in third world countries.  Well, let's point out some major flaws in this idea.   You are promoting an idea by not wearing shoes about people who can't afford shoes.  Number one, if I was a person in a third world country, I would probably laugh at this idea.  If you have shoes in those countries, you WEAR them.   Promoting awareness is WONDERFUL, but the way they are doing is not the way to do it.  By not wearing shoes, you can contract the diseases that are all over our streets and in turn, you'll receive the diseases that you are trying to promote awareness of.  Not only that, by doing these things, you're not helping the people at all.  All you're doing is not wearing your shoes.  Heck, I never wear shoes around my house, so does that mean I'm promoting awareness of diseases in third world countries for feet diseases?  Not likely.  I believe if you really want to help those people out, you would go down to those countries and buy shoes for them.  Why not promote awareness by BUYING shoes?  Good idea, eh?  So, that's my opinion on the "One Day Without Shoes".  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BitShRujoeA

No comments:

Post a Comment